|Reported by:||jbenito||Owned by:||lsyroka|
This new functionality will allow to search, choose and add CDS records into the Indico timetable directly.
It will be a simple interface that will allow the following actions, and in this order:
- The event manager will access a simple web page, that will contain a text field (google-like) to search for CDS records (for eg. "333rd Meeting of Finance Committee").
- Once, a query is done, 2 columns will be shown:
- The 1st column will contain the results of the query, the CDS records.
- The 2nd column will contain the agenda in a tree-like structure (like a folder explorer).
- The event manager will choose all the records to be imported from the 1st column, and also the destination of those records in the agenda (second column). The destination can be a day, a session or even a contribution.
- Once all the CDS records and destination are selected, Indico will display a pop-up dialog in order to specify the starting date and duration for the records.
- The import will be done and the timetable will be displayed with all the new records/contributions.
This new functionality will *not* provide:
- Synchronization: if the information is modified on CDS Invenio, the event organizers must remove the contrib and import them again (if they want to update the info).
- any way to pre-enter all the dates for each individual contribution/subcontribution.
- any way to pre-enter the durations for each individual contribution/subcontribution.
- Any advance search interface.